1.21.2006

Read it and weep.

Welcome to my blog.

I am a graduate student in a program in American Studies and Ethnicity and in about three months time, I will be taking my Qualifying Examination. In this written and oral exam, I will be tested in four fields of my choosing: Postcolonial Asian American Studies, Film and Media Studies, Narrative, and History and Theory of the Body. I have created this page on the suggestion of one of my professors in an effort to put my thoughts on the work I will be reading for the exam in a place accessible to my advisors and peers.

Go ahead. Take the Blog. And after you return it, I'll ask you how you like it. And we can talk about it for a while. Then we can talk about life. And how we feel about things...*
*I was in Fiddler on the Roof in 8th grade. I should have played Golde, but I got Fruma Sarah instead.
Politics, what are you gonna do, right?
Anyways.
This a speech made by a Russian soldier to Chava.
She eventually falls in love with him and they elope. It really burns Tevye up.

Of course, he wasn't talking about a blog - it was a book.
But it a pretty great thing to say to a girl to get her to fall in love with you.



Comments:
Nisha- yea---you have a blog!!! Come and see mine but more importantly, email me about the Wiscon 30 conference at the end of May.

xoxo
c
 
i don't know what conference you are asking me about - email me!

i like your blog, man.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?